Total Eclipse of the Sun
This summer, on Monday, August 21 at 11:30am, the Town of Jackson, Teton Village, and the surrounding lands that make up Teton County, WY will see the start of a total solar eclipse. Teton County enjoys a perfect location nearly directly under the thin line of totality and will be welcoming visitors from throughout the world flocking to this destination in record numbers to witness the first total eclipse on American soil since 1991, the first on the mainland since 1979, and the first to sweep across the entire country since 1918.
While residences are still available, our vacation homes are filling up fast during this time. Contact our reservations at 855-255-8448 to check availability and secure your eclipse accommodations.
Total Eclipse of the Sun
As the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun and appears directly in front of the Sun as seen from Earth, visitors to Jackson Hole will enjoy an ideal location to witness this extraordinary event.
So be sure to put on your eclipse glasses to watch the Moon cover the Sun little by little.
For details on the Total Solar Eclipse, the Town of Jackson and Teton County, WY have created a helpful website for visitors and locals to help prepare for the event at www.tetoneclipse.com
What to Expect in Jackson Hole
We’re expecting record visitation during the eclipse due to Jackson Hole’s location under the path of totality. If you’re planning to be in Jackson Hole during this extraordinary event, please visit Teton County’s Offical Eclipse website for details outlining what to expect.
Other helpful tips for our eclipse guests include:
- Arrive with extra food and water
- Arrive with backup gasoline if you are a road traveler
- Arrive with undamaged and unscratched eclipse glasses verified with an ISO 12312-2 number on them
- Arrive with a particular destination chosen to view the eclipse – like our Solar Eclipse Party!
- Stay parked for several hours before and after the eclipse
- Arrive with a backup plan to view the eclipse due to traffic gridlock
- Walk or bike when you can
- Arrive with necessary medications and a first aid kit
- Arrive with cash in the event ATM machines run out
- Expect erratic cell and internet services due to overwhelmed networks
- Pre-book activities prior to your arrival
- Make your restaurant reservations prior to your arrival
- Prepare for a long day by wearing good walking shoes, layered clothing, and sunscreen
Private Eclipse Viewing Party
Monday, August 21 | 9:30 AM to 1PM
The Teton Private Residences invites guests to join us for an exclusive Eclipse Party where Spur Catering will host a stellar event with Wyoming Stargazing at the Gray Barn in Teton Village.
$225 Adults | $150 Children 4-12
- Transportation from Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa
- Arrival Snacks & 2 Drink Tickets
- BBQ Lunch following the Eclipse
- Souvenir Eclipse Glasses
Tickets only available to residence guests.
Reserve yours today, contact our concierge at 307-739-4010 or email us.
Non-refundable within 30 days of event – rain or shine.